At CBV we want this site to be as useful and friendly as possible. We hope this FAQ answers any questions you have; if not, send us an email and let us know.
A book video is to books what a movie trailer is to movies; a tantalizing preview that offers a convincing reason to read the book. Book videos allow readers to get a feel for a book before investing their time and money.—
Whether you’re a casual or avid reader,— spending a little time here is more likely to find you a book you like than browsing through endless titles at a store, or following promoted links on— Internet ads. CBV is the place to find all the great Christian book videos to peruse.
For readers, a vast rack of book spines at the store can make your eyes glaze over. Rather than turn your head sideways to read titles, then pull promising books out and read the back, just spend a minute or two watching a brief video and reading a capsule description.
Also, CBV links won’t point readers to the popular book du jour, and won’t direct them away from Christian titles. Small press or publishing titan, we treat everybody equal here: the way we’d like to be treated.
For publishers and authors, we believe that multimedia— ads that potential readers experience at their decision and on their schedule enhances your marketing efforts to engage book lovers. CBV gives book lovers a large collection of Christian book previews to view and share with their friends.
A Christian is someone who believes in the Triune God consisting of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit; including belief that Jesus Christ was divine God; that He became incarnate, died, and rose again to pay the price for our sins and redeem our souls; and that it is only through acceptance of the sacrificial shed blood of Jesus Christ that we can have a relationship with God. Books represented on Christian Book Videos must hold to and promote these truths.
If you have a title that is widely available for purchase (i.e., has distribution to Amazon.com as a minimum), then use this CBV intake form.
It includes all the information you (and we) need to add your video to our site.
All videos received are placed in a queue and released at regular intervals. Neither you, nor we, nor our esteemed fans want to see a glut of 30 videos released all at once followed by nothing for the rest of the week.
In addition, there is a pecking order for videos. Top priority goes to videos that are slated to be Featured Titles (if you would like to have your book be a Featured Title, click here). After that, videos for books that are not yet released get priority over videos for books that have been released. Never fear, though; all videos we receive will be posted if they are appropriate to the site.
Of course you can. And please let us know that you’ve done so.
We have HTML code for a static link here.
Our advertising rates and schedules are changing as we grow, but we’re happy to help you however we can. For current advertising information, Visit this page for rates. Once we receive your order, we will email you an insertion form.
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our reps will get in touch with you.
We are always willing to take questions and suggestions; please email email@example.com and let us know what’s on your mind.
3. Warranties, Indemnities and Restrictions A. User agrees to use the Christian Book Videos website only for lawful purposes. User is prohibited from posting on or transmitting through this site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law. B. User shall be solely responsible for User’s Submission and the consequences of posting or publishing it.User warrants that User owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Pelican Ventures LLC to use of the Submission in the manner contemplated by the website and these Terms and Conditions of Preview Placement. User retains all ownership rights in User’s Submissions, including User’s trade names, trademarks, and service marks therein, and all legally protectable elements, derivative works, modifications, and enhancements thereto. B.User agrees and warrants that the Submission does not contain any material which may give rise to or is the subject of a notice of claim of any Lanham Act violation, false designation of origin, or unfair competition under the law of any jurisdiction. User also agrees and warrants that the Submission does not contain and is not alleged to contain any content, work, name, mark, designation or materials of any kind that actually or potentially violate any applicable law or regulation or infringes any proprietary, intellectual property, contract, or tort right of any person. User agrees not to engage in any misrepresentations that could damage Pelican Ventures LLC or any third party.User agrees to indemnify and defend Pelican Ventures LLC in any claim brought against Pelican Ventures LLC relating to Submission for use on the Christian Book Videos website. User’s duty to indemnify and defend shall remain in effect even if this agreement is terminated.C. Each Submission must be related to a book currently being marketed.The book may be available in any of the following formats: Print or Print on Demand, Audio, or E-book. D. Pelican Ventures LLC reserves the right not to upload to its website any Submission that violates the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement and to remove any Submissions without prior notice.Pelican Ventures LLC may remove such material at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
4. No Grant of Authority Neither party by virtue of the Agreement shall have any right, power, or authority to act or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party.
5.Notices Notices or correspondence may be sent to Pelican Ventures LLC by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Disclaimer Your use of this site is at your own risk. The content is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.Pelican Ventures LLC disclaims all warranties, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement. Pelican Ventures LLC does not warrant that the functions or content contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.Pelican Ventures LLC does not warrant or make any representation regarding use, or the result of use, of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Pelican Ventures LLC may at its sole discretion make changes or improvements at any time without notice.User, and not Pelican Ventures LLC, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction in the event of any loss or damage arising from the use of space at this site or using its content.
7. Waiver No oral waivers of any of the terms of the Agreement shall be permitted. Failure to enforce any term shall not be considered as a waiver as to the other terms of the Agreement.
8.Limitation on Liability In no event shall Pelican Ventures LLC be liable to User or any other person for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including loss of profit or good will, for any matter arising out of or relating to this Agreement and its subject matter.
9.Choice of Law and VenueThese Terms and Conditions are entered into in the State of New Mexico and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico, exclusive of its choice of law rules. Each party to this Agreement submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the County of Bernalillo in the State of New Mexico, and waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. In any action to enforce these Terms and Conditions, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorney fees.
10. Severability In the event that any of the Terms and Conditions are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, those provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.